• Gregt
  • Gregt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Sponsor
  • Site Sponsor
  • XXX
More
05 Aug 2016 11:13 #1 by Gregt
Straight pull AI? was created by Gregt
OK, maybe not made by Accuracy International. I just finished this stock for a Browning T-Bolt 22LR. The owner has AI rifles and wanted a cheap to shoot trainer and had the T-bolt sitting around. It was a bit of a fiddly job given it needed to use the factory mag and the safety is in an awkward spot. The stock has an aluminium chassis with the radiused inlet 3D machined in and AI style spigot to take the AI bipod, it's using the new AICS stock sides. It feels full sized, just a bit lighter.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Guns don't kill people, Chuck Norris does.
The following user(s) said Thank You: S12A, several, Jester308, BrianLara400*, Pilch303, sigsako, jhonvdp, 22F, Adrian-XI, 2/14lhr, loganator160, sparky, Techsupport, Supaduke

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2016 12:47 #2 by AusTac
Replied by AusTac on topic Straight pull AI?
That is bloody awesome!

More
05 Aug 2016 13:11 #3 by Rogue01
Replied by Rogue01 on topic Straight pull AI?
That looks bloody amazing. Got any more details on the build process?

Howa 1500 24" Varmint .308 // MDT HS3 / MDT Skeleton stock // Vortex Crossfire II 6-18x44mm

More
05 Aug 2016 16:52 #4 by leverhappy
Replied by leverhappy on topic Straight pull AI?
How good is that !!!!

More
05 Aug 2016 17:10 #5 by adamjp
Replied by adamjp on topic Straight pull AI?
I'll have one in 223. Take all that AR15 shite off the WFA1 and drop it into an action that mates to a Rem700 inlet.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it....Daa Daa Daaa Da, Dnn Dnn Dnnn Dn and so on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 308mate2

• Gregt
  • Site Sponsor
  • Site Sponsor
  • XXX
More
05 Aug 2016 17:54 #6 by Gregt
Replied by Gregt on topic Straight pull AI?

Rogue01 wrote: That looks bloody amazing. Got any more details on the build process?

I'll have a look and see what photos I took. The inlet and magwell were a pain in the arse and it was like a bit of a savant moment for a day or so to get it fitted in. It is very cool though. I keep looking at the LA101 and thinking it would be cool set up like this.

If the WFA1 action was made as a component that could be put in a regular stock they'd be legal in every state and be a very cool thing to own.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rogue01

More
05 Aug 2016 18:11 #7 by jhonvdp
Replied by jhonvdp on topic Straight pull AI?
Nice work Greg, have been thinking what I should use as a rimfire trainer donor... Where's the big knob on the end of the handle?! Haha, (insert witty joke here)
You'd be able to draw the AICS with your eyes closed by now, and probably recite measurements on demand.

• Gregt
  • Site Sponsor
  • Site Sponsor
  • XXX
More
05 Aug 2016 18:18 #8 by Gregt
Replied by Gregt on topic Straight pull AI?
I thought about an AI style knob but didn't want to have to pull the bolt apart. This is a little irreversable to do, I had to bandsaw the plastic trigger guard off the trigger, apparently the earlier ones have a metal trigger and separate guard which would be nicer.

Moderators: Gregt
Time to create page: 0.367 seconds

magnum-voucher-sitewide

Login