Shooting Australia members over run stock specials- Tikka/Howa short action

• Gregt
  • Gregt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Sponsor
  • Site Sponsor
  • XXX
More
01 Feb 2016 12:16 - 01 Feb 2016 12:18 #1 by Gregt
Gregt created the topic: Shooting Australia members over run stock specials- Tikka/Howa short action
I've been making an attempt to tidy up the workshop with some plans for a new mill and thought I might give a special deal on some stocks I have sitting here. These are some extras I've had from some batches that I've sent overseas, I made a couple of extras of each in case something went wrong but it didn't so I have 4 spare stocks here, 2 x Howa short action and 2 x Tikka short action. The chassis is machined from 6061-T6 aluminium and anodised black. They come with action screws and a limbsaver recoil pad. The Tikka stocks also have the Sterk hardened stainless recoil lug fitted.

If anyone is interested I can do these for $1150 each with your choice of skin colours (where available). The Tikka is normally $1350 and the Howa $1250. It's first in, first served so post up if you're interested. I'll be doing new batches of these stocks in the future but it might be a few months away. I do have one set of black skins here ready to go so it could be in the post in the next week if you're in a rush. I can also sell the bare chassis for $950 if you already have your own skins, they will fit the AICS skins as well.

Photos below of what the stocks look like, obviously the colour of the skins is up to you. The deal is: pay for the stock, I order the skins in and post it out to you when they arrive (normally 2-3 weeks).

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Some customer photos:

Guns don't kill people, Chuck Norris does.
Last Edit: 01 Feb 2016 12:18 by Gregt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: several, Movealongnothingtoseehere, 22F, BJ, hermtrails, Aushunter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2016 17:20 #2 by Gavind
Gavind replied the topic: Shooting Australia members over run stock specials- Tikka/Howa short action
Right handed, I take it?

• Gregt
  • Site Sponsor
  • Site Sponsor
  • XXX
More
01 Feb 2016 18:11 #3 by Gregt
Gregt replied the topic: Shooting Australia members over run stock specials- Tikka/Howa short action
I can change the Tikkas to left handed, it's just a different set of skins and a bolt handle block.

More
01 Feb 2016 20:38 #4 by 22F
22F replied the topic: Shooting Australia members over run stock specials- Tikka/Howa short action
That's a good deal Greg.
Pity I can't take advantage of it :(

Forward!
Where we are, where we belong, where we should be.

More
01 Feb 2016 22:12 #5 by several
several replied the topic: Shooting Australia members over run stock specials- Tikka/Howa short action
They look good.
A hell of a lot better than the MDT chassis I've been looking at.

Not suitable for mature audiences

• Gregt
  • Site Sponsor
  • Site Sponsor
  • XXX
More
01 Feb 2016 23:20 #6 by Gregt
Gregt replied the topic: Shooting Australia members over run stock specials- Tikka/Howa short action
I almost bought a MDT LSS last year because I liked the idea of them and they seem to work well but no matter which way I tried to look at it, it was still ugly. That's why I started with the skeleton stock I'm doing, to me anyway they look a bit more "in proportion".

These AI style stocks are great though. I sold the one I had my 6.5 SAUM in recently and was sorry I did the day I posted it. I just put together another one of these for it with the old school AI skins on it, it's a really cool looking rifle and it's such a solid platform for a long range rifle.

More
02 Feb 2016 17:15 #7 by jackeyjoe
jackeyjoe replied the topic: Shooting Australia members over run stock specials- Tikka/Howa short action
I am quite tempted, always loved the AI style stocks. A few questions:

How heavy is the stock?
Are the Tikka stocks supplied with a DBM for AI mags?
I currently use a sling swivel stud for my harris bipod, is there one on this stock or will I have to buy something to get it working?

I've been in the market for another stock for my tikka, it's been between one of these or a bolly stock, the price drop makes this tempting quite...

• Gregt
  • Site Sponsor
  • Site Sponsor
  • XXX
More
02 Feb 2016 18:20 - 02 Feb 2016 18:21 #8 by Gregt

jackeyjoe wrote: I am quite tempted, always loved the AI style stocks. A few questions:

How heavy is the stock?
Are the Tikka stocks supplied with a DBM for AI mags?
I currently use a sling swivel stud for my harris bipod, is there one on this stock or will I have to buy something to get it working?

I've been in the market for another stock for my tikka, it's been between one of these or a bolly stock, the price drop makes this tempting quite...

The weight is 2.5kg/5.5lb. Yes mate, they run the regular AICS mags with the Tikka. There's no actual separate DBM, the magwell is machined directly into the stock and the release lever hangs out just in front of the trigger guard on the skins.

There's a sling stud on the bottom to mount the Harris as per normal.

You can just screw your Tikka into it, poke a mag in the bottom and start shooting.

Last Edit: 02 Feb 2016 18:21 by Gregt.

More
02 Feb 2016 18:22 #9 by Gwion
Gwion replied the topic: Shooting Australia members over run stock specials- Tikka/Howa short action
I would also be interested if the cash was available. I'll just have have to see if there are any left if and when I confirm a new contract.

List to tick off:
- TICK!!! NEW SCOPE: Sightron S-tac 2.5-17.5 X 56mm
- TICK !!Left handed 223rem, Zastava M85
- wildcat build in progress: 223McShort
- TICK!!! Rebarrel Howa to 7mm-08
- TICK!!! case trimmer/turner
- Comp dies for 7mm-08
- Case annealer
- Custom dies for wild cat

More
02 Feb 2016 18:29 #10 by jackeyjoe
jackeyjoe replied the topic: Shooting Australia members over run stock specials- Tikka/Howa short action
Thanks for answering my questions, with pictures no less! I am really tempted now. I'll take a bit longer to think about it, not too long though(I'll decide tonight I think).

More
03 Feb 2016 17:06 #11 by Tcheou
Tcheou replied the topic: Shooting Australia members over run stock specials- Tikka/Howa short action
These look awesome, would they work with the standard CTR magazine?

More
03 Feb 2016 19:03 #12 by jhonvdp
jhonvdp replied the topic: Shooting Australia members over run stock specials- Tikka/Howa short action
No to the CTR mags, they use Accuracy international (AI) AICS standard magazines which are cheaper than CTR mags and you've got a few options of manufacturer too. I recently bought an AI 5 shot metal mag from delta tactical - $115
www.deltatactical.com.au/aics-magazine-308win-5-round-p73/

More
19 Feb 2016 16:43 #13 by Jester308
Jester308 replied the topic: Shooting Australia members over run stock specials- Tikka/Howa short action
Hey Greg,

Do you have any for a tikka left?

cheers,

JJ

• Gregt
  • Site Sponsor
  • Site Sponsor
  • XXX
More
19 Feb 2016 17:38 #14 by Gregt
Hi mate, I'm getting the ones sold ready to go, I'll check and see tonight what's still sitting there. There might be one left.

More
19 Feb 2016 19:35 #15 by Jester308
Jester308 replied the topic: Shooting Australia members over run stock specials- Tikka/Howa short action
Not a problem, cheers mate. Im still waiting to here back whether he is chasing one for a short or long action magazine well.

JJ

More
20 Feb 2016 08:19 #16 by Willow
Willow replied the topic: Shooting Australia members over run stock specials- Tikka/Howa short action

Gregt wrote: I almost bought a MDT LSS last year because I liked the idea of them and they seem to work well but no matter which way I tried to look at it, it was still ugly. That's why I started with the skeleton stock I'm doing, to me anyway they look a bit more "in proportion".

These AI style stocks are great though. I sold the one I had my 6.5 SAUM in recently and was sorry I did the day I posted it. I just put together another one of these for it with the old school AI skins on it, it's a really cool looking rifle and it's such a solid platform for a long range rifle.

If it's any consolation Greg, I'm putting it to good use. Definitely lighter than my Roedale chassis and I like the fact I don't need to remove the cheek piece in order to remove the bolt.

• Gregt
  • Site Sponsor
  • Site Sponsor
  • XXX
More
29 Feb 2016 17:02 - 29 Feb 2016 17:05 #17 by Gregt
Great to hear it's working well for you Willow!

At this point all the extra stocks I had here are sold and will be on their way in the next couple of days.

I got a couple of MDT 223 polymer magazines to use in one of these stocks and found a bit of an issue with them in the Howa stocks. The ribs at the bottom of the mag hit the magwell before the mag sits in far enough to feed a round. I've used AICS 223 polymer mags in the past with no issues. It's not a difficult fix but it's definitely not plug and play!

I'll post up some photos of the fix later on.

Last Edit: 29 Feb 2016 17:05 by Gregt.

Moderators: Gregt
Time to create page: 0.404 seconds

magnum-voucher-sitewide

Login