Collectors, please show me and tell us about your " Collection "

More
18 Jul 2018 17:40 #101 by Tooka

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 17fireball, Field Marshal Cinque, LtFrankDrebbin, DeadMeat, Swift and Sure, FNQBunyip, Sparta

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• DeadMeat
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Bad Daddy.
More
20 Jul 2018 20:40 #102 by DeadMeat
Mate, that is a rarity in Australia. Its so rare its not worth having. What's your address? I'll come over and throw it out for ya!

Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200.

More
21 Jul 2018 16:41 - 21 Jul 2018 16:43 #103 by HERNE
Even though the best of the badges are still to come... As promised here's a few more antique tools. :)

Planes and Shaves:

And it's just the start... :facepalm:

"If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"

This message has attachments images.

Last edit: 21 Jul 2018 16:43 by HERNE.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 17fireball, NoFerals, Field Marshal Cinque, Send-it, Pitty, Pilch303, Westy, MSR, mal0310, FNQBunyip, Beeza303, Chazwood, Sparta, Ernk

More
21 Jul 2018 21:17 #104 by Sparta
Wow wow wow.
Thats an awesome collection there HERNE

Go hard or Go home.

More
22 Jul 2018 06:30 #105 by HERNE

sn@abrc wrote:

HERNE wrote: G’day mate, I’ve still got a few more badges and patches to put up. ((Not all coz it too bloody extensive but a few more.)

I reckon this thread is going to go for awhile. ;)

jeez mate.....

If I was able to put my Scout badge accumulection up here I think the server would cark it...……
Over 40 kg of badges stashed here, another 20ish kg at Mums house, 15 or so kg at stepmums,

Then there is the stash of suitcases in my ceiling full of scout scarves, Jambo mementos, and the scout stamps, and Jamboree stuff from all over the world.
Even have all the records from the 1979 Jamboree in Perth that my Dad organised - pretty much a D.I.Y. guide to catering for approx. 15000 people for a couple of weeks, including logistics of aircraft arrivals and departures / busses / tents ["borrowed" from the army, without the Quartermasters officially knowing about it] :whistle: :facepalm: , T.V. and radio station, water supply, power, sewerage system and medical facilities - and then afterwards - packing up the Perry lakes site and the rehab. program using voluntary prison labourers.

Stephen,

I think you should start to put something together mate. How about keeping it to troop badges and scarves starting with your own...

Besides myself I know of one Scout who would be very interested to see them... Watching over my shoulder.

My Dad.

The last Scout Jamboree I attended was the The Asia - Pacific Scout Jamboree in Oamaru NZ in 1978. I dare say Mum still has a blanket or two of the badges and scarves we collected.

"If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"

This message has an attachment image.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 22F, 17Hornet, mal0310

More
09 Aug 2018 20:01 - 09 Aug 2018 20:05 #106 by 17fireball
My Massey Harris tractors.Massey Harris of Canada and later USA came about from a merger of the Massey Manufacturing Company and A Harris & Son in 1891.
First is a Massey Harris 30 powered by a 36hp continental side valve motor.This motor is seized but parts are readily available.I already have rear tyres to fit but the heavy cast rims are awkward to handle .

Next is a Massey Harris 744D powered by a 44hp 6 cylinder Perkins Diesel. This tricycle tractor ( the front wheels are close together) came from Gayndah Qld.

Lastly Massey Harris 745D powered by a Perkins L4 diesel that was more powerful than the P6 Perkins motor it replaced The top one is my first wheat farming tractor,it was already an old tractor when I bought it but it got me into wheat farming on the cheap.When I sold it the motor had been rebuilt,when I found it and bought it back of another collector I could not believe how much it had deteriorated.The other on below I bought for the motor and other parts.

When government fears the people there is democracy,when people fear the government there is tyrany

Last edit: 09 Aug 2018 20:05 by 17fireball. Reason: Forgot to add details
The following user(s) said Thank You: Send-it, mal0310, Sparta

More
10 Aug 2018 01:37 - 10 Aug 2018 01:39 #107 by MSR
Herne, is that a knife on your dads' belt? Jeezuz, imagine trying to get up close and personal with a world leader or even minor celebrity today with a "weapon" on you!!

17 Fireball, what is the logic behind the 'Tricycle' setup on the Massey Harris 744D with the front wheels so close together?

"Have more than you show
Talk less than you know"
Last edit: 10 Aug 2018 01:39 by MSR.

More
10 Aug 2018 06:23 #108 by 17fireball
MSR the tricycle front axle was for row crop work where both front wheels run between 2 rows.

When government fears the people there is democracy,when people fear the government there is tyrany
The following user(s) said Thank You: MSR

More
10 Aug 2018 06:38 - 10 Aug 2018 06:42 #109 by HERNE

MSR wrote: Herne, is that a knife on your dads' belt? Jeezuz, imagine trying to get up close and personal with a world leader or even minor celebrity today with a "weapon" on you!!

Yes mate, that is his 'Scout' knife. Here's the thing...

It was part of his uniform and a very useful tool for a Scout. If you note the proud smile on that young Scouts face that knife would never have been called a 'weapon'. As there would never have been any malice intent for it's use... If anything he would have protected her with it if need be.

But yes mate, 60 odd years down the track things have changed... We as a society have changed.

26 years on when that young Scout was taken from us. That young Scout's Son wrote to the young lady shaking his hand in the picture, asking if she remembered that Day and the young Scout in the photo...?

Just over two weeks later that heart broken boy got a registered envelope delivered with a Royal seal containing a letter of condolences, informing the boy that she did remember that day, the town/region and the young Scout named Nelson. She spoke of the fond memories of those times down under as a young Queen.

Those down to earth sentiments and thoughts are the reason I won't cop any bugger mindlessly 'Royal bashing'.

HERNE.

Last edit: 10 Aug 2018 06:42 by HERNE.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 17fireball, Field Marshal Cinque, Spurious, 22F, roy cobb, 17Hornet, MSR, mal0310, FNQBunyip, phatal, scruffy bob, Chazwood, Sparta

• 17Hornet
  • 17Hornet's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 Aug 2018 18:59 #110 by 17Hornet
We should all have such good principles that we stand by.

The letter shows just how in-touch with people the Royal Family is, that is why they are still so popular.

That heart broken boy must have been amazed, and seriously uplifted, proud as punch.

The TRUTH is out there,
the Aliens think its a great joke on us.
We still believe in Santa, but eat the Easter Bunny

More
10 Aug 2018 19:24 - 10 Aug 2018 21:19 #111 by HERNE
‘17’.

The Monarchy is a public office of the highest order. Unlike a grubby Politician who has clawed it’s way into a public office. QEII was born into and crowned at a very early age through misfortune. She has been a Monarch through very uncertain and uncharted times. She has witnessed and managed the diminishing of a realm. But has endured and overcome. This is what the majority of people have seen. Of course these days there are those of less substance that think they know and could do better... :whistle:

The Son of that young Scout was amazed at the detail of content about the day and people that came back... Not only did that make him feel proud but a little less lost in the world at the time.

Last edit: 10 Aug 2018 21:19 by HERNE.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 22F, roy cobb, mal0310, FNQBunyip

More
25 Aug 2018 21:19 #112 by HERNE
G’day again fellas, yet another ‘Off Topic’ thread to have a ‘mag’ again in... Nope, nor more badges. (Still to come.)

This time some more tools....

Took the youngest bloke Gryffyn up to the farm today. This means going up the back route and up ‘The Buckets Way’ perusing the olde wares stores as we go for tools and interesting stuff..,, There’s absolutely no way I’m being allowed to just fly up the highway with him in the seat next to me....

We have a great contact in Stroud for idle wares and is always a stop with wins all round as the young fella turns on his charm with the ‘old duxk’ We deal with...

Today’s collecting’s were...,

Me...

The young fella, something similar and a Convict Brick’ with ID thumb prints in it...

Total cost... A ‘pineapple”. :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ernk

More
17 Oct 2018 21:42 - 18 Oct 2018 05:10 #113 by HERNE
Post Nine: 2nd Commando Regiment... "Foras Admonitio."

2009 - Present. Raised from 4RAR (Cdo) 19th June 2009.

Barracks Patch, Hat and Collar badges.

Image of the Regiments Colour 'Cucumber Sandwich' Patch... (One I'm still chasing.)

A mob of very dedicated soldiers whose work is not often seen or known of.... Read and watch the article below.

www.news.com.au/national/anzac-day/2nd-c...ebb4a6f29afcc078aa53

Last edit: 18 Oct 2018 05:10 by HERNE.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 17fireball, Field Marshal Cinque, 17Hornet, Westy, FNQBunyip, Sparta

Moderators: fishphillott
Time to create page: 0.328 seconds

magnum-voucher-sitewide

Login