• Sanus
  • Sanus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Member
  • Forum Member
More
05 Mar 2018 17:18 - 05 Mar 2018 17:25 #1 by Sanus
Sanus created the topic: Target indicator - feedback
Hi all

I got a magnetospeed t1000 target indicatior in January and got to try it over the weekend.

It works by velcroing to the back of the plate and has a clear rubber periscope type setup that shines a red light when you hit the plate. Have a look at YouTube for how it works.

Anyway I tried it first at 500m and it lights up really bright - can see it with out the scope.

Then went back to 1000m and same deal - through the scope it’s super bright - definitely lights up perfectly.

Then the next day I went back to 1676m and at that distance it lights up perfectly even in the bright daylight conditions - of course at that distance you are watching it in the scope.
At 1676m you cannot see the steel plate wobble .... so makes it hard to call hits without driving to the target and painting it out etc etc. but with the t1000 It lights up making it super easy to spot hits.

If you like to shoot steel at distance - for $300 this t1000 hit indicator is definitely worth a look!!!

Pics show the plate and light - but sorry don’t have any pics where it is shining red after a shot hit - I was too busy shooting and having fun hahaha

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last Edit: 05 Mar 2018 17:25 by Sanus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jester308, danandria, 22F, FNQBunyip, Chazwood

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• danandria
  • just trying to be funny
More
05 Mar 2018 17:36 #2 by danandria
danandria replied the topic: Target indicator - feedback
1676 metres haha legend!

• Sanus
  • Forum Member
  • Forum Member
More
05 Mar 2018 17:39 - 05 Mar 2018 18:51 #3 by Sanus
Sanus replied the topic: Target indicator - feedback
Thanks D
Yer 500m was easy and 1000m was ok once I worked the wind out.
1676m was lots more tricky hahahah so yer took a few shots to get on the plate at that distance.
Last Edit: 05 Mar 2018 18:51 by Sanus.

• danandria
  • just trying to be funny
More
05 Mar 2018 18:37 #4 by danandria
danandria replied the topic: Target indicator - feedback
Herne and I were talking about how life gets in the way of shooting, you got it in January and just having a crack now mate. Not sure if I could be that patient haha

Tell us about your rig and the load etc..

• Sanus
  • Forum Member
  • Forum Member
More
05 Mar 2018 18:48 - 05 Mar 2018 18:54 #5 by Sanus
Totally agree - time goes quick and it has been sitting on my desk taunting me to use it hahah - just didn’t get to the farm until this weekend. Wanted to use it sooner for sure :)

Rifle is a tikka tac with the sako muzzle break in 300 win mag.
Scope is vortex HD razor gen 2 in 4.5-27 x56
Versapod bipod in super low - think they called it sniper or if needed I switch it out to a longer normal size versapod bipod. (Photo is shown with normal size bipod)
Mounts are Nightforce low profile
Rail is ken farrel 20 moa.
Rounds - sako 4 fired brass - neck turned , neck sized and black Betty-ed hahah. With a 208 grain amax - single feed length. 78grains of 2217.
Last Edit: 05 Mar 2018 18:54 by Sanus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: danandria, patrolit, FNQBunyip, Chazwood

More
05 Mar 2018 19:51 #6 by Top Gun
Top Gun replied the topic: Target indicator - feedback
And here I thought just the sound of hitting the gong would be enough :blink:

I guess there is always a way to accessorize anything these days.

But if i t does what you want it to do then I guess thats all that counts.

• HERNE
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
05 Mar 2018 19:53 #7 by HERNE
HERNE replied the topic: Target indicator - feedback

danandria wrote: Herne and I were talking about how life gets in the way of shooting...

Mid last year I purchased a Verney Caron 'Speedline' in 30-06. It was very much an anticipated acquisition. Even my wife who is pretty indifferent to the reasons behind my rifle purchases, with the mindset... They all look the same. (You can't blame her, owning 5 Steyr Scout rifles).

The Verney took her eye as I was showing it off to the boys, telling them I would like to fit it with a nice leather sling. We both searched the web later that night for a nice custom made leather sling to suit my new 'Speedline'... With her discerning and impeccable taste, I purchased a Buffalo hide and Rattlesnake skin number made by Danny Collins in the good Ol' U S of A.

Purchase complete my darling wife turns and says to me... "That's your Christmas present from me." She also requested I didn't use it until it wore it's new sling. :blink: :ohmy:

This was mid September! Work got real busy and Christmas loomed. But you could say Wife got in the way of shooting in the Verney's case...

It got a good workout Boxing Day. :)

"If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: danandria, 22F, Sanus, catman, patrolit, Chazwood

More
05 Mar 2018 19:56 #8 by fishphillott
fishphillott replied the topic: Target indicator - feedback

HERNE wrote: With her discerning and impeccable taste

But she married you anyway

Sent via smoke signals and carrier pigeons pony express and mail plane

You know that moment when the steak is on the grill and your mouth waters in anticipation? Vegans feel the same after mowing the lawn.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 17fireball

• Sanus
  • Forum Member
  • Forum Member
More
05 Mar 2018 19:59 - 05 Mar 2018 20:02 #9 by Sanus
Top gun - yer when you get out there in distance and the wind is blowing away from you, you can’t hear the hit from the bullet on the steel plate.

At 500m - yer of course you can hear it.

But 1000m plus, unless the wind is blowing at you, you can’t hear it.

I have heard hits at 1000m before when the wind is coming straight at me.

But when out at 1600m you can hardly see the plate move in the mirage and I personally have not heard the stikes when hit. So that’s where the light comes in handy. Or if you use a lighter rifle bullet - the light can be good too - like try hitting the plate with a 223 at some crazy distance, then it will light up even though you might not hear the hit.
Last Edit: 05 Mar 2018 20:02 by Sanus.

• HERNE
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
05 Mar 2018 20:50 #10 by HERNE
HERNE replied the topic: Target indicator - feedback

fishphillott wrote:

HERNE wrote: With her discerning and impeccable taste

But she married you anyway

Of course! To quote 'Top Gun'... "If it does what you want it to do, then I guess that's all that counts."

Must be my accessory eh? :whistle: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sanus

• Sparta
  • Away
  • Forum Member
  • Forum Member
More
07 Mar 2018 12:32 #11 by Sparta
Sparta replied the topic: Target indicator - feedback
$300 bucks

Id get the younger bro to stand near it with a CB radio and tell me when I hit it, or him :evil: :facepalm:
Heaps cheaper lol

Go hard or Go home.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fishphillott, Sanus, FNQBunyip, Morry

• Sanus
  • Forum Member
  • Forum Member
More
07 Mar 2018 13:10 - 07 Mar 2018 13:10 #12 by Sanus
Yer not sure about the CB and someone standing next to the target hahah :) but I do have a shovel with me I suppose hahah

Yer think It was $280 or something. But was also looking at 1 mike cameras - but they are way more cash - forget exactly but like $1k ish.

I guess if you get into long range stuff, nothing is cheap, each projie is close to a dollar anyway. Haha. So $300 really isn’t pricey. Try getting into quality night vision hahaha now that’s expensive!

The time saving of knowing you are hitting he plate vs having to drive around the paddock, across a valley to paint a steel plate is worth it for me.
Also if you have 2 shooters on the same plate, you know which one hit it - so that’s another bonus.
Last Edit: 07 Mar 2018 13:10 by Sanus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 17Hornet, patrolit, Sparta

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds

magnum-voucher-sitewide

Login