× Are you build/making rifle stocks/chassis

Some Tikka T3 short action AICS/Viperskin chassis finished!

• Skip
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Consistency is the key to marksmanship
More
08 May 2015 19:21 #401 by Skip
Skip replied the topic: Some Tikka T3 short action AICS/Viperskin chassis finished!
Top stuff Greg as always. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2015 20:19 #402 by Gavind
Gavind replied the topic: Some Tikka T3 short action AICS/Viperskin chassis finished!
:P I think I now ask for updates so Greg feels motivated to give us all another photo to drool over...Yet more good work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rover1

More
27 May 2015 16:08 #403 by hermtrails
hermtrails replied the topic: Some Tikka T3 short action AICS/Viperskin chassis finished!

Gregt wrote:
I do have a couple of spare Howa short action ones here as well if anyone is interested.

hey greg, i'm interested in a howa sa if you still have one available? ill send a pm as well

More
16 May 2016 20:53 #404 by hayd91
hayd91 replied the topic: Some Tikka T3 short action AICS/Viperskin chassis finished!
Hey Greg you still making stocks for left hand tikka t3's?

• Gregt
  • Gregt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Sponsor
  • Site Sponsor
  • XXX
More
16 May 2016 23:42 #405 by Gregt
Gregt replied the topic: Some Tikka T3 short action AICS/Viperskin chassis finished!
Yep I am still doing them. I just got my new machine up and running and have a bit to catch up on. How soon did you want one?

Guns don't kill people, Chuck Norris does.

More
17 May 2016 11:03 #406 by hayd91
hayd91 replied the topic: Some Tikka T3 short action AICS/Viperskin chassis finished!
No rush at all mate. Is the pricing still the same or has it gone up? And do I pick what skin I want on it? I'm just trying to find the pics of johns leftie ones. And I'd like the magazine blank to.

• Gregt
  • Site Sponsor
  • Site Sponsor
  • XXX
More
17 May 2016 12:45 #407 by Gregt
Gregt replied the topic: Some Tikka T3 short action AICS/Viperskin chassis finished!
What I might do in the future is do the chassis cheaper and people can order the skins they want directly from Victor Company or AI. It'll save having money tied up in skins as I always seem to end up with the colours that no-one wants. No problem doing it with a blank mag well if that's what you're after.

More
17 May 2016 12:54 #408 by hayd91
Do you already have some skins? If you do what colors do you have. I'm pretty lazy, I'd rather just be able to buy it all off you haha.

And when I said blank magazine I meant just the blue magazine (I saw it in a photo in this topic) you put in place when at the range so you can only fire by loading through the bolt instead of a normal magazine. I'm lost for the actual name of it right now. I saw a few guys asking for them

• digger
More
17 May 2016 17:36 #409 by digger
digger replied the topic: Some Tikka T3 short action AICS/Viperskin chassis finished!
Could the blank blue thing be called.............. a loading platform :)

More
17 May 2016 17:51 #410 by hayd91
I have no idea. It goes in place where the magazine would normally go an doesn't take any ammo, so therefore when you are at the range you can only load one round at a time.

More
17 May 2016 18:17 - 17 May 2016 18:22 #411 by NoFerals
NoFerals replied the topic: Some Tikka T3 short action AICS/Viperskin chassis finished!
Heres how it works
smg.photobucket.com/user/haysb/media/BR%...er/79151f20.pbw.html
If the link works :whistle:.

Ok now I can access the page for the f****Ing third try :angry: .
In old 303`s there was a simple slide / swing out plate built into action the rail on the right hand side.
You could swing it out for magazine shooting or swing it in for single shot use.

I built my own i a M98 same as the vid only just using an old magazine follower fastened to the infill in the stock that some drop kick had put in there to convert it to TR.
Pitty they did not do the bedding properly too :angry: :(.

Now the thing feeds an empty unloaded case with out any hanging up so it seems the feed angle is ok.
Hope fully it will shoot good too

My Job Interview:
Human Resources Manager: "What is your greatest weakness?"
Old Man : "Honesty!"

Human Resources Manager: "I don't think honesty is a weakness."
Old Man : "I don't give a f@#! what you think.".

I live in my own little world but it`s ok as they know us here

Last Edit: 17 May 2016 18:22 by NoFerals.

More
17 May 2016 18:42 #412 by jhonvdp

• Gregt
  • Site Sponsor
  • Site Sponsor
  • XXX
More
17 May 2016 19:46 #413 by Gregt

hayd91 wrote: I have no idea. It goes in place where the magazine would normally go an doesn't take any ammo, so therefore when you are at the range you can only load one round at a time.

You mean these single loading blocks?

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

I'll make another batch shortly. I have some long action ones people have been waiting on for a bit so I had better get them done sooner rather than later.

More
17 May 2016 21:39 #414 by hayd91
jhonvdp I love the green one. Gregt if you have those skins in stock I'll have one the same as that haha. And yes that's what I meant gregt one of those

More
19 May 2016 21:23 - 19 May 2016 21:25 #415 by jackeyjoe
jackeyjoe replied the topic: Some Tikka T3 short action AICS/Viperskin chassis finished!
I probably should post a picture, now I've had mine for a while. It ended up going on a t3 lite stainless in .223, although I have a .308 on the way to put in it(just submitted the PTA!).

Overall, I am very happy with it. I feel I can shoot a heap more accurately both off the bipod and freehand, I think having a bit more weight back helps with that(although it is heavier to carry around, it doesn't feel like too much though). Only problem I've had is running out of ammo chasing pigs

Was the last one of the morning, took two magazines and some loose rounds thinking that'd be enough, shot 15 pigs, saw a heap more. My brother and his friend were kicking themselves for bringing bows, I got to do all the shooting :lol:

Thanks Greg for making an awesome product, the black has really grown on me, it looks awesome. Any chance you can send me another bolt release if you have any laying around? Happy to pay for it, I must've thrown it out with the box :blush:
Last Edit: 19 May 2016 21:25 by jackeyjoe.

• Gregt
  • Site Sponsor
  • Site Sponsor
  • XXX
More
19 May 2016 22:19 #416 by Gregt
Glad you're happy with it! I have to make a batch of the bolt stops shortly, you can modify the short action one to work in 10 minutes as well, the picture below shows the difference:

Moderators: adamjp
Time to create page: 0.382 seconds

magnum-voucher-sitewide

Login