× Are you build/making rifle stocks/chassis

Anyone import PSE stocks into Australia?

• Ghillies
  • Ghillies's Avatar Topic Author
More
25 Mar 2015 18:38 #1 by Ghillies
Ghillies created the topic: Anyone import PSE stocks into Audtralia?
Anyone importing PSE Composite stocks in Australia? If not will this require a permit like was needed for my XLR Industries stock?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2015 18:45 #2 by S12A
S12A replied the topic: Anyone import PSE stocks into Audtralia?
nope on both counts, stocks only require permits when they are accompanied by a magazine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ghillies

• Ghillies
More
25 Mar 2015 19:04 #3 by Ghillies
Ghillies replied the topic: Anyone import PSE stocks into Audtralia?

S12A wrote: nope on both counts, stocks only require permits when they are accompanied by a magazine.

Thanks mate

More
25 Mar 2015 20:38 #4 by jhonvdp
jhonvdp replied the topic: Anyone import PSE stocks into Audtralia?
Saw your PM Ghillies, yes I have a PSE composites stock, you can deal direct with them there's no other work required. I even sent a CDI trigger guard over so they could inlet for it (probably a standard option these days) and they sent the stock and trigger guard back to me no problems.
I'm happy with mine, I went for the 'medium' grip on forend and rear grip areas. It's lighter than the factory Tikka stock too, I will be hanging onto mine for a long time.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

]

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ghillies

• Ghillies
More
25 Mar 2015 21:03 #5 by Ghillies

jhonvdp wrote: Saw your PM Ghillies, yes I have a PSE composites stock, you can deal direct with them there's no other work required. I even sent a CDI trigger guard over so they could inlet for it (probably a standard option these days) and they sent the stock and trigger guard back to me no problems.
I'm happy with mine, I went for the 'medium' grip on forend and rear grip areas. It's lighter than the factory Tikka stock too, I will be hanging onto mine for a long time.

]

Looks great, did you have them use there Tikka action to bed or did you do it yourself?

More
25 Mar 2015 21:15 #6 by jhonvdp
They 'press in' their tikka action when making the stock, they do some special layup of the carbon fibre and the bolt handle cutout is reinforced too. The palm swell is also added to the correct side for my left handed stock.
The recoil lug on mine isn't bedded-yet, but they use my stainless sterk lugs and I think they will bed a lug in the inlet if you opt for it. The tikka actions are accurate enough for me not to worry about any differences when assembling too. I'll bed mine eventually just to keep the lug in its place really. The colour is their mix of OD green and some black mixed in to get it darker.

More
25 Mar 2015 21:55 #7 by sigsako
sigsako replied the topic: Anyone import PSE stocks into Audtralia?
Certainly looks like a nicer option over the factory Tikka stock, providing of course a hunting stock is what is wanted.
What sort of coin are we talking here?

Cheers

More
25 Mar 2015 21:58 #8 by S12A
S12A replied the topic: Anyone import PSE stocks into Audtralia?
they do a tac model also ... though on second thought it may just be for 700's

• Ghillies
More
25 Mar 2015 22:27 #9 by Ghillies
Definitely suits what I'm wanting to do a light-ish weight rifle...

Looked on th website, I should be able to get one here for ~$900?

More
25 Mar 2015 22:41 #10 by jhonvdp
Looked up my old emails and it looks like I paid about $680 AU plus shipping. Wait time was barely anything - think I ordered it and received it within 1 month. Great service and communication. The tac model is nice too and I'd say you can get it for Tikka if you ask.

More
26 Mar 2015 07:57 #11 by Dino67
Dino67 replied the topic: Anyone import PSE stocks into Audtralia?
Last time I had contact with them they were in the process of getting the E-Tac setup for a Tikka Inlet. At present they modify an E-Tac Rem 700 version charging extra. They explained that they don't enjoy doing them as it's a time consuming process.

Would be a nice option for a light precision style rifle although some thought would be needed regarding barrel weight/profile as it would make a standard Tikka Varmint pretty front heavy.

More
26 Mar 2015 13:07 #12 by sigsako
sigsako replied the topic: Anyone import PSE stocks into Audtralia?

Dino67 wrote: Last time I had contact with them they were in the process of getting the E-Tac setup for a Tikka Inlet. At present they modify an E-Tac Rem 700 version charging extra. They explained that they don't enjoy doing them as it's a time consuming process.

Would be a nice option for a light precision style rifle although some thought would be needed regarding barrel weight/profile as it would make a standard Tikka Varmint pretty front heavy.

The Varmint is front heavy as is with the plastic fantastic.
I would see an upgrade to this stock as a great improvement with the benefit of reduced weight being maintained.
Surely it is a more stable stock for starters. It looks better than the original and would probably feel better.

As far as the Tac versions go....Extra weight and more options (manners, chassis systems etc) as competition.
Sounds like their pricing and delivery time are very good. Could sway a decision.

• Ghillies
More
26 Mar 2015 18:08 #13 by Ghillies
Current price and exchange rates makes the base model Ultralight for Tikka around $750 (540 Euro) and if wait times are under 4 months that beats Manners and McMillan for me....

A lot of reading about these on other forms and only good words said.

I think I will be buying one for my tikka build!

Moderators: adamjp
Time to create page: 0.350 seconds

magnum-voucher-sitewide

Login