× Are you build/making rifle stocks/chassis

Shotgun changing to left handed?

• Petanque
  • Petanque's Avatar Topic Author
More
18 Dec 2014 01:08 #1 by Petanque
Petanque created the topic: Shotgun changing to left handed?
There seem to be minimal left handed shotguns available at the entry level or even second-hand.

Is it feasible to modify or make a new stock to convert a right handed gun to a left handed gun?

I would be hoping for a good fitting utilitarian job rather than a work of art.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2014 08:41 #2 by Henry Atkin
Henry Atkin replied the topic: Shotgun changing to left handed?
The major "lefty bits" on a shotgun are the toplever and the cast in the stock. Fixing the cast in the stock is not a big job for a good fitter/stockmaker; it can be achieved by steam/heat bending the stock or with a new stock.

More
18 Dec 2014 09:44 #3 by Nigel-l
Nigel-l replied the topic: Shotgun changing to left handed?
If you can live with a right handed top lever then a stock change is straightforward.
For more popular models you may be able to order a lefty stock.

If you found a gun with very little cast you may be able to acheive the desired result with an adjustable comb.
Otherwise as Henry suggested, getting the stock bent to suit is an easy enough job for a decent gunsmith.

More
18 Dec 2014 12:27 #4 by LuckyLes
LuckyLes replied the topic: Shotgun changing to left handed?
Hi,
As a left handed shooter, I find a right handed lever easier to use than a left handed one. That may be because it was all I used for many years, but it just seems more natural to me. As far as L/H shotties are concerned, Lanber make a leftie but probably only the stock is different and then Beretta come in with their Silver Pidgeon line. The Browning Cynergy is ambidextrous with its adjustable stock. I find the American shotguns, Remington, Winchester etc are normally fairly straight and suit me reasonably well as they are. So there are options out there, but you need to go and shoulder some guns before ordering.
Good luck in your search
LuckyLes

More
18 Dec 2014 15:57 #5 by TwoFourThree
TwoFourThree replied the topic: Shotgun changing to left handed?
As far as I know, the only truly left-handed gun (top lever can be altered so it is pushed to the left to open the gun) is the Kreighoff K-80.

I heard a left-handed shooter who owned one telling his mate about it while handling the gun

This post may be fact or opinion, it is up to you to decide which.

Moderators: adamjp
Time to create page: 0.309 seconds

magnum-voucher-sitewide

Login