- Published: Wednesday, 04 September 2013 17:18
Shootingaustralia.net (The Forum) is an open and public forum where sporting shooters can interact and share discussions about several different topics. However, we ask that you follow these Rules and Regulations to ensure that The Forum has some productive conversation. Failure to comply with these rules may result in a ban from The Forum or specific sub forums.
We have no desire to give the Anti-Gun Lobbyists ammunition to use against us, so please keep an open mind when posting and consider the impact your comment can have on the future of our sport.
- No discussion of illegal material, or linking to these illegal activities.
- Do not post material that is hateful or mean towards race, religion, sex, government or any other offensive nature.
- Do not post material that is hateful towards any Australian businesses, gun dealers/shop or clubs.
- Do not post material that will give Gun Lobbyists any reasons to ban our sport.
- Do not post for the sake of forum post count/points... posting multiple 5 word posts will be removed.
- Do not complain publicly if banned, and do not make another account to circumvent a ban.
- Do not post any personal information about you or anyone else. We don't want to know your street address.
- Do not post advertising or referral links unless permission has been given by the owners.
Keep your language fit for public consumption. You represent your chosen sport with every word you type. Your posts are available to any internet user from the moment you commit your text and for all eternity. You may well laugh at the gun toting red neck image. Make every effort not to look like one. Consider what you post and the language you use. If the content is too coarse for the press or TV The Forum does not want it either.
Turn off your caps lock, do not use excessive ALL CAPS in your posts.
Do not copy or plagiarise comments.
The Forum is regularly monitored by our staff.
Forum Terms and Conditions.
The following Terms and Conditions will apply to you when using shootingaustralia.net
You agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions as outlined below. Should you reject the following terms and conditions and not wish to be bound by them, then use of the shootingaustralia.net forum is prohibited to you.
We may update these terms and conditions from time to time without any notice to you. In addition to the following terms and conditions, you agree also to be bound by any guidelines or announcements that are made during your membership of shootingaustralia.net .
In addition, when using particular sections of shootingaustralia.net, you shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services which may be posted from time to time. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into the Terms and Conditions and General User Agreement.
These definitions shall apply to the following terms and conditions in their entirety.
The term, You or Your within these terms and conditions shall be accepted to refer to you, the user of shootingaustralia.net.
The term, The Forum, refers to the shootingaustralia.net forum web sites, and includes its members.
The term, Registration Information, refers to any and all information that is provided by You to The Forum.
The term, Member, refers to the members of The Forum either individually or as a group. The term, Content, refers to but is not confined to text, links or images found within The Forum.
The term, Confidential, refers to any and all information not available to the general public.
The term, Associate, refers to any employee of shootingaustralia.net (The Forum).
Your use of The Forum shall be in accordance with these conditions and are non-negotiable.
You agree that you will not:
1. Post, transmit, upload, email or otherwise make available any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships, such as for example, inside information, confidential or proprietary information gained or disclosed as a part of employment relationships, or under agreements of non-disclosure.
2. Post, transmit, upload, email or otherwise make available any content that in doing so infringes upon a trademark, patent, copyright, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any party.
3. Post, transmit, upload, email or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses, computer code, programs or files that are designed to interrupt, limit the functionality of or destroy any computer hardware or software, or telecommunications equipment.
4. Post, transmit, upload, email or otherwise make available any content that is illegal, abusive, harassing, defamatory, confidential, harmful, threatening, vulgar, libellous, invasive of anothers privacy, or ethnically, racially or otherwise objectionable.
5. Impersonate any person or entity. This includes but is not limited to, any team member or administrator of The Forum, any employee of The Forum, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with another person or entity.
6. Manipulate or forge headers or identifiers with the intention of disguising the origin of any content that you provide to The Forum.
7. Register or post in excess of one account with The Forum. Should it come to our attention that you have registered more than one account, we may remove your posting rights, therefore prohibiting your participation in The Forum.
This section governs use of the discussion forum, and applies to all users either directly or indirectly, registered or otherwise.
You agree that you will not:
1. Provoke others or cause trouble. If you wish to argue with people then use instant messenger or email.
2. Make personal attacks on anyone during your use of the forum. Do not abuse someone for example, because of their race, colour, sex, sexual preferences or religious beliefs.
3. Reignite inflammatory threads by creating new threads after existing threads on the same topic have been closed.
4. Use language that is generally considered coarse and/or offensive.
5. Attempt to take threads off-topic or make off-topic posts within threads. Off topic posts may be removed at our discretion. The section marked as a designated Off Topic is for this purpose.
7. Reproduce messages sent using the forum Private Messaging function on the forum or anywhere else without permission from the sender, unless requested to by an administrator for site administration purposes.
8. Have a signature larger than than the allotted size given, you will be requested by a moderator to re-size your image. Failing to append your signature when requested to by a member of The Forum staff will result in the removal of your signature. Signatures may not contain adverts of any sort unless previously agreed by The Forum, including links to competing sites, as determined by The Forum. Please also keep text signatures under 5 lines.
9. Provide links to third party web sites or content unless given express permission to do so by a moderator or administrator. The exception to this condition is links which are shown to be relevant to any discussion taking place will be permitted within the context of that discussion. We may remove third party links at any time with or without explanation.
10. Post or provide any links anywhere on The Forum, that contain affiliate I.D.'s which enables anyone, directly or indirectly to profit.
11. Defame The Forum staff or technicians in the support sections of The Forum. In other sections of the forum normal rules apply in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Abusive posts will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
You agree that:
1. The Forum staff may, for content management purposes, move a forum thread to a more appropriate forum area if staff feel that it is situated in the incorrect forum area.
2. Forum staff may, for content management purposes, close a thread. This would usually be because the discussion in the thread is not moving along, users are not covering new points, or that the discussion is going around in circles. Staff may also consider whether the discussion is interesting or motivates participation in the context of The Forum subject matter.
3. Forum staff may use a four strike warning system to warn of inappropriate conduct/behaviour. These warning are attach to users accounts and will determine the level of disciplinary action required as followed:
First warning: Issued via P.M. or public. (Note: disciplinary action can be issued at this
Level depending on user's conduct or behaviour.)
Second warning: Issued via P.M. or public and or could result in user's posting abilities being
restricted for 7 days. (Note: A 14 day or permanent ban may be issued
At this level depending on user's conduct or behaviour.)
Third warning: Issued via P.M. and banned for 14 days. (Note: A permanent ban may be
issued at this level depending on user's conduct or behaviour.)
Fourth warning: No communications and a permanent ban.
4. When any disciplinary action is issued, or an account is suspended You may P.M. the team to clarify the matter. If deemed appropriate, your comments will be reviewed by team member(s) independent of the original disciplinary action. Removal or alteration of the warning will only be considered if, in the opinion of the reviewer, a clear mistake has occurred. Abusive P. M.s to the team may attract a longer suspension or even a permanent ban. The Forum reserves the right to permanently ban spammers and persistent troublemakers at it's discretion
5. Shootingaustralia.net (The Forum) is an Australian based, English speaking forum. In order to verify their content and meaning all posts, articles, signatures or other submissions should be made in English Language and written format.
Third Party Web Sites
You accept that The Forum cannot be held responsible for any third party Web sites that you may access via The Forum, and further agree that any third party content is not The Forum's responsibility. The Forum does not endorse any third party Web sites or content unless clearly stated, and therefore cannot be held liable or responsible for any promotion, content, service or product that is located on a third party web site. Further, The Forum cannot be held liable or responsible for any loss or damage, offence that may be caused, or that you allege has been caused by third party content or web sites
All and any contact that you have with third party traders or web sites that you may come into contact with during your use of The Forum, including but not limited to payments for products or services, any conditions made, warranties offered, or contracts entered into, are your responsibility and not the responsibility of The Forum.
The Forum's Rights
You acknowledge and accept that The Forum contains a large and varied amount of content. We do not check content posted by you prior to it being posted. The Forum therefore reserves the right to remove or delete in part or in its entirety any content should staff feel that it violates these terms and conditions, or any guidelines or announcements that may be available to view elsewhere on The Forum.
You will acknowledge and accept that The Forum is neither liable nor responsible for the content that You submit. Staff will monitor such content as appropriate and act accordingly should they be informed of any objectionable material.
Each member has approx twelve 12 hours to edit or delete a post from the time submitted, after this time, posts cannot be altered or removed. You may submit a request to the Administrator or Site Moderators, to edit or delete your post after the twelve 12 hours has elapsed. Staff will not however, be under any obligation to accept requests to edit or delete a post or a significant amount or all your posts in their entirety. If you request your account to be deleted you acknowledge and accept that we are under no obligation to edit or delete your content posted on The Forum.
You acknowledge and accept that The Forum has the right to temporarily or permanently remove your ability to post content, and that The Forum further has the right to ban you from the The Forum should you break any of these Terms and Conditions.
Site Owners Prerogative:
You acknowledge and accept that while The Forum has established site terms and conditions of use, it is important to remember that this is a privately owned discussion group. Any requests and/or demands made by the owners of The Forum, at any time must be obeyed, including those that countermand other established rules and regulations. Failure to do so will result in termination of user member's account.
The Forum reserves the right to terminate any user's membership for any reason at any time.
You acknowledge and accept that in certain circumstances The Forum has the right to provide information to Your Internet Service Provider at it's discretion following, but not limited to, severe disruption by you, the provision of illegal or abusive content, any attempts made by you to re-register after being banned, or for any other reason that involves you breaking these Terms and Conditions.
You acknowledge and accept that reproduction of material from this web site without prior written permission is strictly prohibited. All contributions to this site are also copyright of the site owner.
You acknowledge and accept that if you are banned from use of The Forum, you will not in any way attempt to re-register using any other name or identity not known to us, or any other email address not known to us. If you do so, we will pursue the maximum penalty available under your Internet Service Providers Acceptable Use Policy.