× Are you build/making rifle stocks/chassis

CZ452 Varmint inletting compared to CZ455 Varmint inletting.

• SPRINT-GTO
  • SPRINT-GTO's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Member
  • Forum Member
More
15 Nov 2017 23:20 #1 by SPRINT-GTO
SPRINT-GTO created the topic: CZ452 Varmint inletting compared to CZ455 Varmint inletting.
Any body tell me if the inletting on a CZ452 Varmint stock is the same as the newer CZ455 Varmint.??
As you are aware the CZ455 was manufactured as a replacement model for the CZ452.
I have an unmarked Walnut CZ452 stock & been offered a CZ455 with a very knocked about stock.
I was considering removing the rough CZ455 stock & replacing with the Walnut CZ452 stock but unsure if they will match up.
Don't mind a little work with my Dremel but don't want to hack the Walnut stock around. too much.
I know the CZ452 & CZ453 stocks are not interchangeable but what about the CZ452 & CZ455??
Any advice appreciated.

Faster Horses
Younger Women
Older Whiskey
More Money

SSAA N52

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• The Cripple
  • Forum Member
  • Forum Member
  • Tassie
More
16 Nov 2017 07:28 #2 by The Cripple
The Cripple replied the topic: CZ452 Varmint inletting compared to CZ455 Varmint inletting.
If you go to the Boyd's website, they do basic inletting dimensions for each rifle type. Bottom metal and screw spacing is the problem.

I have more guns than I need but not as many as I want ;)

• SPRINT-GTO
  • Forum Member
  • Forum Member
More
16 Nov 2017 11:31 #3 by SPRINT-GTO
SPRINT-GTO replied the topic: CZ452 Varmint inletting compared to CZ455 Varmint inletting.
Cripple,
Did a thorough search of Boyds website but unable to locate any details/measurements etc relating to inletting?

Faster Horses
Younger Women
Older Whiskey
More Money

SSAA N52

• fishphillott
  • Away
  • Stuck between a rock and a hard place
More
16 Nov 2017 12:12 - 16 Nov 2017 12:22 #4 by fishphillott
fishphillott replied the topic: CZ452 Varmint inletting compared to CZ455 Varmint inletting.
I just had a look at the boyds website the 452 and 455 stocks are listed as having 6 1/8th between action screws

Sent via smoke signals and carrier pigeons

Last Edit: 16 Nov 2017 12:22 by fishphillott.

• SPRINT-GTO
  • Forum Member
  • Forum Member
More
16 Nov 2017 15:06 #5 by SPRINT-GTO
SPRINT-GTO replied the topic: CZ452 Varmint inletting compared to CZ455 Varmint inletting.
Thanks Fish, went back & searched again & finally found the info on the Boyds site.
Your right the action screws on 452 & 455 are both 61/8" centre to centre, looks like the 452 stock will accept the 455 action.
Wont know for sure till I lay hands on it.
Cheers

Faster Horses
Younger Women
Older Whiskey
More Money

SSAA N52

Moderators: adamjp
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds

magnum-voucher-sitewide

Login