× Old rifles, ex mil etc.

Resident K98 expert.

More
04 Dec 2017 10:31 - 04 Dec 2017 12:57 #21 by beemer
beemer replied the topic: Resident K98 expert.
The numbers that appear to be 992 are more likely to be the first 3 numbers of the rifle it was matched to. You will find the manufacturers code to be on the blade near the hilt. The codes are here, There may also be markings on the scabbard I checked with another text I have, The German Bayonet (A comprehensive Illustrated history of the regulation patterns 1871-1945) by John Walther. You are lucky, wartime production should be easy to identify, try one from say 1912, very complicated.

www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?4819-Ge...rers-and-Their-Codes

You appear to have the correct bayonet frog and I would give it a value of $250 plus.
Last Edit: 04 Dec 2017 12:57 by beemer. Reason: More information
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Pusser

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2017 21:08 #22 by Westy
Westy replied the topic: Resident K98 expert.
The only thing I know about these k98's is back in the early 80's I had a job Bastardising them from military to sporterizing them for "Phil I" at the Tarragindi Gun Shop. Great deal did a heap and swapped it for a new in the grease M21 with the Redfield ART Scope setup..
Ahhhhhhhhhhh the good old days were you could shoot and no one was fazed with what you shot and where you shot as long as you keep it safe....
have always regretted having to hand that thing in in 96 !! f@#!ing heart Breaking really
:angry: :( :unsure:

Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth.
-Mike Tyson-

More
05 Dec 2017 21:09 #23 by Westy
Westy replied the topic: Resident K98 expert.
And yes they were the Israeli k98's converted to 308 and they shot like stink IMHO and cheap as dirt to feed back in 84..

Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth.
-Mike Tyson-

• Field Marshal Cinque
More
10 Dec 2017 18:42 - 10 Dec 2017 18:43 #24 by Field Marshal Cinque
Field Marshal Cinque replied the topic: Resident K98 expert.

beemer wrote: Mate you hit the jackpot, if the code is S/42, this who made it,

S/42 Mauser-Werke AG, Oberndorf a./N, early code It was made in 1937. I'll do a bit more research tomorrow. If you look at an earlier post, I gave a link to the German Ordinance Codes. in case I'm wrong about the S/42.See if the rifle has an X on it anywhere, if it does this means its a "Russian Capture"., This is general information,

Karabiner 98k[edit]

The Karabiner 98k "Mauser" (often abbreviated "K98k" or "Kar98k"), adopted in the mid- 1930s, became the most common infantry rifle in service in the German Army during World War II. The design was developed from the Karabiner 98b, one of the carbines developed from the Model 1898. The K98k was first adopted by the Wehrmacht in 1935 as their standard issue rifle, with many older versions being converted and shortened.

No Russian capture 'X' on that one beemer , i have another one that is a Russian capture.
Last Edit: 10 Dec 2017 18:43 by Field Marshal Cinque. Reason: Forgot to type anything before posting

More
10 Dec 2017 21:35 #25 by Pilch303
Pilch303 replied the topic: Resident K98 expert.
I am no 98 expert but it looks to have post 1968 German proof marks. It also looks to have been re-blued but would like to hear other opinions!

Oh dear, how sad....never mind.

Moderators: fishphillott
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

magnum-voucher-sitewide

Login